APS is accepting PCR or rapid tests (no at-home tests) for students with Covid-Like-Illness to return to school.
COVID-like-illness is any illness with the following symptoms and the student must be tested to return to in-person learning and activities (From the APS website Health Screening – Arlington Public Schools (apsva.us)):
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Fevered (measured or subjective)
- Muscle or Body Aches
- Sore Throat
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Unusual Amount of Tiredness
- Runny Nose or Congestion
Please check the school health link below to find out what different health services are offered in the clinic, medications forms for students with health issues, entry forms, the lice policy, and other educational resources that may be helpful for the Nottingham community.http://health.arlingtonva.us/public-health/school-health/COVID Health and Safety Information: Health & Safety Information – Arlington Public Schools (apsva.us)Frequently Requested Forms
- Severe Allergy Action Plan
- Asthma Action Plan
- Diabetes Medical Management Plan
- Medication Authorization Form
School Health Entry Requirements for New Elementary Students
- Physical Examination done within 12 months prior to starting school – School Entrance Health Form (Physical Exam Form)
- Students will need a new physical exam when rising from Pre-K to Kindergarten.
- Immunization Records
- Tuberculosis (TB) test or screening done within 12 months prior to starting school
Please contact your school nurse if you have questions about what your child is missing or need help with any of these requirements.