Digital media enables us to build more stages for our kids to express themselves.
– Marco Torres
Parent/Teacher Conferences: March 2nd and 3rd
A friendly reminder that Nottingham’s staff looks forward to seeing you for the upcoming spring conferences.
- Thursday, March 2 – Conferences will begin at 1:45 p.m. and end at 4:10 p.m.
- Friday, March 3 – Conferences will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 4:15 p.m. ·
- Parent/Teacher Conference information was sent home by your child’s teacher on Wednesday, February 15.
Please note that: The Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences are designed for teachers to fill you in on your child’s academic and socio-emotional growth. Conversation regarding class placement for the next grade level would be premature at this time and thus the staff will not be addressing this subject during your conferences.
Our Family Resource Packs are available in Dr. McCormac’s office. These family resource packs cover a multitude of topics for children and parents alike including but not limited to, anxiety, asthma, death of a pet, parent/guardian with a serious illness, and mindfulness. Click the link to see the brochure – https://www.smore.com/za7g-family-resource-packs.
Parents/Guardians of Fourth Grade Knights:
Digital Learning Day – Tomorrow, February 23, 2017 – 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Please join the fourth grade team tomorrow when our Knights and their parents/guardians will enjoy a Digital Learning Day together from 9:00-10:00 a.m. Some of the planned activities are listed below:
- First, we intend to do a Responsive Classroom morning meeting in which we incorporate digital learning.
- Then students and parents/guardians will engage in 5 tasks (one for each content area) using the Seesaw app and potentially other apps. The students will show their parents/guardians how to use the app while completing the 5 content-based tasks. The idea is that the parents and students will work together, while seeing the different ways technology is used on a daily basis in our classrooms. Some of the tasks will showcase work the students have already completed (e.g. book trailers on iMovie) and some of the tasks will require the students to create something brand new. Knights and their parents/guardians will engage in 5 tasks (one for each content area) highlighting the Seesaw App Seesaw: The Learning Journal Overview – YouTube
For more information about Digital Learning Day, follow the link below.
- Additionally, we encourage families to stop by the front bulletin board and scan the QR codes to hear their child’s hopes for the future.
Parents/Guardians of Fifth Grade Knights:
Middle School Transition Timeline
As always, parents and guardians of our fifth grade Knights, please continue to check Dr. McCormac’s blog for updates to the transition timeline and transition activities. A direct link to the blog is below:
Note – Lost and Found:
While in the building, please browse through the Lost and Found items. They will be located across from the Library in the front lobby. All unclaimed items will be donated to charity after March 10, 2017.
Thank you for being a partner in your child’s education.
Mary Beth Pelosky